GreenPolicy360 Archive Highlights 2016
- Popular pages/stories
On the Importance of Facts and Science
Fact-Checking / An International Press-News Movement (Updated)
- https://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Fact_Checking | Fact Checking @GreenPolicy360
- https://reporterslab.org/update-237-fact-checkers-in-nearly-80-countries-and-counting/ | 80 Countries-237 Fact-Checking Sites (2020)
- https://reporterslab.org/number-of-fact-checking-outlets-surges-to-188-in-more-than-60-countries/ | 60 Countries-188 Fact-Checking Sites (2019)
- http://reporterslab.org/global-fact-checking-up-50-percent/ | 37 Countries-96 Fact-Checking Sites (2016)
- https://www.poynter.org/mediawise/ | MediaWise for Teens
- http://www.politifact.com/ | PolitiFact via Poynter
- https://www.poynter.org/ifcn/ | Poynter Int'l Fact Checking Network
- http://www.poynter.org/category/fact-checking/ | Poynter Int'l List
- https://reporterslab.org/fact-checking/ | Reporters Lab Fact-Checking News
Facts, Data & Science, Key to Knowledgeable, Effective Decision-making & Management
- https://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Stats_-_Green_Research_%26_Science | GreenPolicy360, Our Policy on Science
- https://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Climate_Change_-_Global_Warming_Keyword-Terms | Global Climate Keywords
- https://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Merchants_of_Doubt | Merchants of Doubt
- http://www.nature.com/news/wikipedia-shapes-language-in-science-papers-1.22656 | Wiki Community Science
- December 2016
- ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Reviewing the Paris Climate Summit & Politics
Rex Tillerson, ExxonMobile: Donald Trump Retreats to a Fossil Fuel Past' '
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
'The List', aka, beginnings of a purge
Trump transition team for Energy Department seeks names of employees involved in climate meetings
Trump Team Memo Hints at Big Shake-Up of U.S. Energy Policy
Trump team letter sparks 'witch hunt' fears at Energy Department
Trump team wants 'lists' of Energy Department climate researchers
Trump to scrap Nasa climate research in crackdown on ‘politicized science’
- NASA’s Earth Science division is set to be stripped of funding... Via The Guardian
- Scientists around the world are worried about a Trump team proposal to ax NASA's 58-year mission to study the Earth
GreenPolicy360 addresses the upcoming Earth Science debate and decisions to be determined in Congress and by the incoming President.
The consequences -- and legacy -- of this generation's actions, the president-elect, and votes of the US House Science committee and related Congressional representatives will be felt -- and judged -- for decades going forward.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Continuing Post-election News
- Trump elected, Trump administration plans to dismantle environmental policy and protection...
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Donald Trump Elected President
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Want more Planetary and Earth Science research from NASA?
Going forward, open access is the word @ NASA's "PubSpace".
The move is part of a welcome (and 'digital citizen' advocated) trend in the worldwide scientific community towards making knowledge more readily available.
“Making our research data easier to access will greatly magnify the impact of our research,” NASA Chief Scientist Ellen Stofan said in a statement. “As scientists and engineers, we work by building upon a foundation laid by others.” Read More about the initiative and "Why It's a Big Deal".
“At NASA, we are celebrating this opportunity to extend access to our extensive portfolio of scientific and technical publications,” said NASA Deputy Administrator Dava Newman. “Through open access and innovation we invite the global community to join us in exploring Earth, air and space.”
Visit the PubSpace site and climate news from NASA at its profoundly important Earth News site -- http://climate.nasa.gov/.
Stephen Hawking on ITV (and PBS)
"Runaway climate change... A rise in ocean temperature would melt the ice-caps... with catastrophic effects." #AGW #CAGW
Often referred to as an Einstein of our current era, Stephen Hawking points to "runaway climate change" as a profound threat to global security. In the same (labored) breath, he communicates a profound warning re: the other existential threat he sees -- nuclear weapons. At Strategic Demands the escalating threat of nuclear weapons is revealed and tracked -- as Cold War 2.0.
Visit Strategic Demands, our associated site
On the Need for New Definitions of National Security
- Beginning in the 1980s, Those of Us Who Begin Pushing for Federal Study of Climate and Global Security Dangers
- Congressman George E. Brown Taking a Forward-Looking Position with the First Legislation on Climate Change Study
Over the Years, a Science Baseline of Earth's "Vital Signs" Begins to Be Compiled as a Digital Era Begins
- Not Good News, Arctic Sea Ice News
Alternative/Renewable Energy Initiatives Are Launched and Extended
Countries Climate Action/INDC Plans
- It's a Go, Greenlight
- October 4th: the EU votes to confirm the #ParisAgreement
- The most comprehensive international agreement ever to combat man-made climate change will take effect next month, less than a year after negotiators from more than 190 countries reached international accord.
- October 5, 2016 / The European Parliament yesterday approved ratification of the Paris climate accord by the European Union (EU).
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon: There are two requirements for the Paris Agreement to enter into force. Fifty-five parties to the Agreement, and fifty-five percent of greenhouse gas emissions accounted for... With the action taken by the EU Parliament, we will achieve both thresholds.
- ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
- Greening Our Blue Planet
Climate Plans Updates
(U.N. Climate Plans Database as of 2022)
Paris Climate Agreement Tracker / CAIT Climate Data Explorer
Climate Watch (Updates)
INDCs / NDCs (Updates from GreenPolicy360)
GreenPolicy360: Next Up, Moving from Intended Climate Actions (INDCs) to Nation-by-Nation, Determined Climate Actions (NDCs)
Click on the Map for the Country-by-Country News (2016)
PLANETARY ... RECONNECT
- ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Category:Earth_Observations | Earth Observations
- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Virtual_Earth | Earth Mapping-GIS
- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Blue_Marble_Collection | Blue Marble Collection
- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Pale_blue_dot | "Pale Blue Dot"
- http://www.earthpov.com | EarthPOV.com
- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/HelloEarth | Hello Earth
- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/@Earth360 | Earth360
- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Whole_Earth | Whole Earth
- Despite Repeated Warnings
- Year After Year After Year