Global Climate Action Summit
Governor Brown Closes Climate Summit
California & Planet Labs Inc. join to launch Satellite-Based Technologies to track and attack climate pollutants.
Office of the Governor / September 14, 2018
Global Climate Action Now --- #StepUp2018
At the international climate summit with Gov. Jerry Brown in San Francisco, the state is playing a role none ever has, pushing the rest of the country to join other nations in enforcing a landmark agreement on climate change that President Trump has quit.
The three-day environmental summit will test whether California can bring the country to a place Congress and the White House won’t.
“It is coming at us from all over the planet. Everyone is contributing and everyone has got to do something to combat it. It is a totally unique world challenge, never before faced. There is nothing like this”. Governor Brown on the global challenge and call for action...
Green Politics 360:
- California Builds Bridges to Extend International Cooperation
News from the Climate Summit, September 12-14, 2018
Gov. Brown: Trump administration’s rollback of methane rules ‘insane’
Via the LA Times
How far can California push the nation — and the world? Jerry Brown's climate summit may provide the answer
Via the NY Times
They Defied Trump on Climate Change. Now, It’s Their Moment of Truth
- Hours after President Trump announced last year that the United States would exit the Paris climate deal, a broad group of governors, mayors and business executives declared that they would uphold the agreement anyway and continue tackling global warming on their own.
- It was a striking move for a coalition of local leaders: Making a case to the rest of the world that they, and not the president, spoke for the nation on climate policy.
- The group they created finds itself at a critical juncture, the moment when it shows whether or not it can rise to the task.
- “Yeah, there’s pressure,” said Gov. Jerry Brown of California, one of the most visible faces of the movement, known as “We Are Still In.” State and local leaders “are carrying the flag while the big powers, the national guys, are rather somnolent.”
Via The Guardian
Jerry Brown: Trump's 'gross ignorance' main obstacle in climate change fight
- California governor is taking the lead in confronting planet’s ‘existential challenge’ and signs bill for carbon-free power by 2045.
Amid Trump admin headwinds, major seeks new ways to fight global warming
- With the Trump administration ceding responsibility for combating climate change, global environmental leaders are now turning to regional governments, businesses and individuals for help.
Via the Washington Post
"The California Model": Jerry Brown as statesman on climate
Global Climate Action Summit Links
Seven Top Climate Action Solutions Presented at the Global Climate Action Summit
California Governor Jerry Brown announces the Global Climate Action Summit
In the City of San Francisco
"We are careering towards the edge of the abyss."
- — UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, appealing to world leaders to act on climate change, Global Climate Action Summit, San Francisco #GCAS2018
"If we don’t protect nature, we can’t protect ourselves."
- — Harrison Ford #GCAS2018 #GoingGreen
“Look up. Looking up to the sky grounds us, liberates us, connects us & helps us understand the immensity of our role in the universe. We share this planet. We will not survive if we do not share this commitment.”
- — Mae Jemison, NASA Astronaut #GCAS2018 #StepUp2018
Climate Action Roadmap
Among multiple plans and reports that identify the speed, scale & solutions needed to halve greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
Report: The New Climate Economy
- Hashtags / Social Media-TW
- Atmospheric Science
- Climate Change
- Climate Migration
- Climate Policy
- Digital Citizen
- Earth Imaging
- Earth Observations
- Earth Science
- Earth Science from Space
- Ecology Studies
- Environmental Laws
- Environmental Protection
- Environmental Security
- Environmental Security, National Security
- European Union
- Fossil Fuels
- Global Security
- Global Warming
- Green Networking
- Green Politics
- Money in Politics
- Natural Resources
- New Definitions of National Security
- Ocean Science
- Planet Citizen
- Planet Citizens
- Planet Citizens, Planet Scientists
- Renewable Energy
- Sea-level Rise
- Sea-Level Rise & Mitigation
- Solar Energy
- Strategic Demands
- Sustainability Policies
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Whole Earth
- Wind Energy
- World Wide Web