Washington Township, MO Farmland Protection
Source File: (Missing)
217-23. Agricultural Use Overlay Zone. [Added 7-18-1994 by Ord. No.15-94]
In order to preserve agricultural land and retain the rural character of the township, especially for tracts of agricultural land not eligible for the agricultural/open space cluster option, the agricultural use overlay option shall be permitted in any zone pursuant to the following conditions:
A. Principal permitted uses.
(1) Single-family detached dwellings.
(2) Any form of agriculture or horticulture, including the storage, processing or sale of farm products where produced.
(3) The installation of wireless telecommunications antennas on existing structures subject to minor site plan approval pursuant to Chapter 159, Site Plan Review, § 159-25, and consistent with visual compatibility requirements of § 217-57 of this chapter. [Added 3-17-1997 by Ord. No. 9-97]
B. Permitted accessory uses: same as in the R-5 Zone.
C. Conditional uses: wireless telecommunications towers in compliance with §§ 217-76 and 217-57A(2), (3) and (4) of this chapter. [Added 3-17-1997 by Ord. No. 9-97]
D. The following lot area and yard regulations apply:
(1) The minimum lot size shall be 400,000 square feet.
(2) Lots shall be deed restricted to prohibit further subdivisions and to prohibit more than one single-family dwelling unit.
(3) Lots fronting on an existing public road shall have a minimum front yard setback of 300 feet from that public road. The three-hundred-foot area shall be subject to a conservation easement to preserve existing wooded/farmland areas. Farming shall be specifically permitted on the conservation easement.
(4) Access shall be via a privately owned and maintained road no more than 2,000 feet in length, serving a maximum of six lots. Where possible, the dwellings should be located near the private road to enable larger wooded/farmland areas.