University of Minnesota UReturn Program
Source File: http://ds.umn.edu/ureturn/
Finding your way back to work
UReturn is an integrated disability services program designed to assist and support all University faculty and staff who experience an illness or injury, either work-related or non-work-related. UReturn offers access to a variety of University services that continues through your recovery , return to work, or ongoing employment.
UReturn, housed in Disability Services, is the designated office to serve all employees (including faculty and staff ) with any disability or medical condition requiring accommodations or adjustments. UReturn obtains and confidentially maintains medical documents, certifies eligibility for services, recommends adjustments or reasonable accommodations, and develops plans for the provision of these for employees with illness or injury. As a neutral party, specialists assist employees and their supervisors in implementing appropriate accommodations/adjustments.
- Trained professionals who are available to help employees return to work quickly and safely.
- Coordination of the details of an employee's successful return to work.
- Support, such as job analysis, ergonomic consultation, and if appropriate, accommodations.
- Confidentiality, while working with medical providers to identify options to return to work or maintain employment.
- On-going contact with the University through recovery and work.
UReturn staff work with employees and supervisors to insure that medical conditions—both occupational and non-occupational—are evaluated so that employees can return to work quickly and safely.