Santa Rosa, CA Accepting the Green Building Implementation Plan
Status: Adopted on 2/10/04
Source File: Click here
RESOLUTION NO. 25891
RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SANTA ROSA ACCEPTING THE CITY OF SANTA ROSA GREEN BUILDING IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
WHEREAS, the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) awarded Frontier Associates an energy efficiency program grant to provide local governments in the Bay Area with consulting services to develop green building programs; and
WHEREAS, the Council, by resolution, accepted the Green Building Conceptual Plan to become one of the participating jurisdictions; and
WHEREAS, in general, the program will help Santa Rosa:
- Develop educational resources to train building designers and construction contractors, as well as City staff, on state-of-the-art green building practices;
- Develop reward-based mechanisms to encourage building and design professionals to adopt green building practices;
- Develop design guidelines and other resources to govern eligibility for these rewards;
- Implement the green building guidelines; and
- Develop mechanisms to enroll builders and developers into the programs and to educate homeowners about the benefits of purchasing green homes or using green building principles in remodeling projects.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Council of the City of Santa Rosa approves the Green Building Implementation Plan.