Coronado, CA Street Tree Committee
Status: Established in 1993
The Coronado Street Tree Committee serves as an advisory committee to the City Council and to City Staff working to maintain, improve, renew and protect urban forest in public right-of-way, as well as to share information with the public, to enhance appreciation of trees, promote proper tree care and to encourage participation in the development of Coronado's urban forest..
- 1. Educate the public on the role trees play in the urban environment.
- 2. Encourage and promote stewardship of public right-of-way trees and private trees.
- 3. Increase canopy cover on street parkways.
- 4. Develop a written tree master plan and tree ordinance.
- 5. Review and advise City Council and City staff on various tree-related issues.
- 6. Hold an annual Arbor Day tree planting.
- 7. Review and update the approved tree list and experimental tree list.
The Committee meets on the first Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. at the City's Public Services Department, 101 B Avenue.