Would you like to help curate this website? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up.
From Green Policy
Welcome to our Green network... We are grassroots-powered and open to "greens of all colors."
We are a 'hub', the 'distributive web' in operation. We are built on a MediaWiki platform. We're an eOS, an eco-operating system.
GreenPolicy360 presents best practices -- practical green policy solutions for day-to-day problems. We are a database and go-to eResource...
Picture a website where a keyword can deliver multiple examples of proposals, resolutions, ordinances... initiatives and projects, real-world models from and for your town, village, city, state, country and for the well-being of our green-blue earth.
Find, share, upload/download information for your green community, your personal efforts, changes that will make a real difference. Consider how immediate access to model legislation, government forms, applications and plans that have worked in the past can power up your dreams and activism, your petition to a city council or county government for a practical response to climate change based, for example, on an already successful model, say from Portland, Oregon, or a game plan for a community-wide tree planting effort designed to produce substantial, sustainable benefits for decades. With multiple points-of-action and on-message results, GreenPolicy360 can be utilized by any community around the globe.
Look for your green area of interest in our categories of action and/or keyword topics, notable cities and locations... Download the model practices and resources you find here, update them and make them apply to your local goals, then put them to good use... Employ them, recycle them, spread the word and “practice what you dream”, the ripple effects will be amazing and the world will shift a little toward a balance with nature and a sustainable, healthy environment.
Do you have a green success story? GreenPolicy360 is being developed so that you can add your story to improve your community and share your efforts and achievements to other communities via our Green wiki site.
GreenPolicy360.net, the place to find best practices to create a green world
With a nod to Dr. Seuss' Lorax... "Think and wonder, wonder and think. Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way !"
- Steven Schmidt Co-founder/Siterunner
Frontlines of Green Best Practices
Does business have a social responsibility beyond profit? Yes.
At the Apple annual shareholder meeting, when faced with a conservative think-tank's objections to Apple's green energy and environmental initiatives, Apple CEO Tim Cook spoke up -- "We do a lot of things for reasons besides profit motive... We want to leave the world better than we found it." To any who found the company's environmental dedication either ideologically or economically ill-advised, they can "get out of the stock," Cook said.  
Cities now reporting more than 8,000 climate actions currently underway...
Take climate action in your community - Add to 8,068 climate change actions reported at the C40 conference - Feb. 2014 
Global Forest Watch launches []
Historic-drought (climate change warning) 
California's drought is being billed as the driest period in the state's recorded rainfall history ...
- California is coming off its driest year since record-keeping began in the 1800s
- Never in the State Water Project's 54-year history has there been zero water allocation
- California Drought: The Worst Yet To Come?
- Historic California drought called a red flag for future of US (+video)
- NASA []
Sources, click thru []
Climate Change and California's epic drought 
The Global Challenge: The eOS Proposal
- November/December 2013
eOS -- a network of effective green policies, politics and practices
GreenPolicy360/eOS -- extending our database of green models for use in all communities -- local, national, international
Green Horizon highlights GreenPolicy360/eOS -- Reference | Green parties globally PDF
GreenPolicy360/eOS launches Google+ channel 
Good Government & the Digital Era
Technology is central to the design of government programs... "What good governance and the good society look like is now inextricably linked to an understanding of the digital." -- Tim O'Reilly 
Open Government/Digital Services
- October 2013
A Model for Regional/Local Approaches to Climate Change - Pacific Coast Action Plan on Climate & Energy
- Two new cool tools for digital visualizations
- September 2013
Another organization that pushes an agenda, not a green agenda but a powerful lobbying agenda that too often attempts to push back a green agenda - and here the ALEC org fails "Renewable energy overpowers ALEC" 
- August 2013
US/Climate Change/Response Planning by States
- Maryland Advances Climate/Energy Plan... emission reduction goals surpass California and all states except Massachusetts
- Maryland Governor Unveils Strongest US Plan To Fight Climate Change 
Maryland Gov. O'Malley ups ante for reduction of statewide greenhouse gases. Stating that "we trust in the fierce urgency of now," Maryland's Gov. proposes to reduce economy-wide greenhouse gas emissions 25 percent by 2020 and state policy proposals include accelerating state clean energy and efficiency goals. "We move forward, not back..."  PDF
- July 2013
Climate Extremes are Unprecedented - BBC Global News  Warmest decade in 2001-2010, WMO survey shows
- WATER ALERT US Groundwater Depletion "accelerating", May 2013 
"Water Stress" - NatGeo US 
- Climate Change / US Drought Monitor 
History-making drought conditions, new water conservation measures announced TX  TX  TX  NM  NM  NM  AZ  UT  Colorado River watershed  Southwest  Southwest  Southwest  Midwest/Aquifers  National Water Resources Information  Nationally - two thirds of the country in drought conditions, one third severe  National - Maps/Infographics  GIF National/State online drought resources  Dust-bowl proportions  US gov monitoring drought conditions   US drought designations as of June 2013 PDF US Climate prediction/drought 
International - July 2013: The Guardian
Global - July 2013: Latest NOAA Climatic Data Center report shows *global* June 2013 temperatures rank as 5th highest on record (summary at ). Note: first half of 2013 (Jan–Jun) 7th warmest on record.
[More GP360/eOS Networks]
- Appropriate Technology
Here's to Appropedia 
Here's to growing the MediaWiki community. We're looking forward at Green Policy to connections with fellow MediaWikians Lonny and Chris at Appropedia.
Appropedia brings "appropriate technology" for the new era. Definitely take an Up Close Look at Appropedia if you haven't already... thousands upon thousands of sustainable, forward thinking green projects for each and every community... Join in ! Model projects welcome. Cultivate, grow, nurture and spread new ideas...
AskNature -- a free, open source project, built by and for the community
AskNature is the world’s most comprehensive catalog of nature’s solutions to human design challenges.
A one-of-a-kind online library features free information on natural phenomena and bio-inspired/biomimicry applications...
The goal of this eResource is to make the act of asking nature for “advice” a smart part of the innovation process.
Be inspired to create life-friendly technologies that are healthy for people and the planet.
Biomimicry (from bios, meaning life, and mimesis, meaning to imitate) is a design discipline that seeks sustainable solutions.
Nature’s time-tested patterns and strategies are a guide...
Let the Sunshine in -- follow your local government and urge positive change Sunlight Foundation 
For your consideration, here's a searchable database to check on your government reps... offered by the Sunlight Foundation. Open States: Data for all 50 States
'Sunlight Foundation' - 
- Plant a Tree, a Simple Act in Your Neighborhood !
GreenPolicy360 is an online database which lists local legislation/proposals/resolutions/ordinances/concepts that are congruent with Green values. Our database is growing all the time! Initially at GreenPolicy.US, we have expanded and continue to grow as GreenPolicy360. See the Introduction Video. Our eco-network is a system designed for sharing, a distributive web of green best practices.
GreenPolicy360 was developed for use in all communities, local, national, international. Whether you're a progressive elected official, an activist or a concerned citizen, GreenPolicy360 lets you know how other communities are dealing with many of the key public policy issues of yesterday, today and tomorrow. If you're working to craft similar legislation/proposals/resolutions/ordinances/concepts for your local community, or you just want to get an idea of best practices that might be possible, you can use the models and templates here, copy and paste what has worked in other communities and locations and modify to your own needs. "Think and act global and local!"
GreenPolicy360 is also an excellent reference source for students and online education. With a wide array of topics, GreenPolicy360 will save you time and energy as you look to learn and become engaged in work to improve your community and our world. Whatever country you are in, you can learn from best practices from your region, bioregion or similar regions. Rather than spend hours and hours trying to locate source material, you can find many models and examples of what you're looking for right here, right now.
How to Use this Site
Our team has worked very hard to make it easy for you to find what you're looking for! We've created a lot of different tools and avenues for you to choose from. These are outlined below.
1) Browse our Master Index
- The Master Index is broken down into categories and lists every single entry in GreenPolicy360.
2) Google Maps
- Are you a visual person? Do you want to see what kinds of Green legislation and programs have been introduced and/or passed in your locale? You can search by Cities, Counties and Educational Institutions.
3) Browse/Search GreenPolicy360 through the use of a wide variety of categories
- Have you stopped by to see if you can find a specific piece of local legislation/ordinances/initiatives or are you merely interested in discovering what might be possible to introduce in your community?
- Use this link to view all the topics we presently cover (e.g., Peace, Housing, Youth, etc.)
- Use this link to search by location (e.g., U.S. States, etc.)
- Use this link to view by entity type (e.g., City Governments, School Districts, etc.)
- Use this link to view by type of legislation (e.g., ordinances, resolutions, etc.).
- Use this link to see all Notable Cities, and Notable Colleges
- Use this link to peruse all the categories in use on GreenPolicy360.
4) Searching the site on your own terms
- Simply enter your search words in the box to the left and click on Policy Search. You can enter subject words, place names, anything you want, and in any combination you want. Please be aware that searches must be at least three characters long. The database will not search for two-character search strings.
5) A Note about the "background info" tab
- As we continue to develop the various capabilities of GreenPolicy360, it is our intent to provide you with more background information in the form of summaries, analyses, news article, interviews and first person narratives.
- To know whether or not any given entry possesses background information, all you need to identify is the color of the tab. If the tab has blue lettering, then the entry does include background information. If the tab has red lettering, it means that it does NOT include background information...yet.
Jump in - Add your Ideas, Add a New Keyword, 'Tag a Topic'
Is there a category that you think should be included in our database that isn't? If so, send your category suggestions to .
Consult the User's Guide for information on using this wiki software.
- Additional Online/Web Resources
- OpenData/Distributive Web
- Open Data Institute UK-Int'l Open Data Summit, Oct 2013 Open Institute Global Open Data Initiative How do people act once they have access to information, data and 'know'?
- World Wide Web Foundation established by Web inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the WWW Foundation is a non-profit organization devoted to achieving a world in which all people can use the Web
- Institute for the Future Social Media GovFuturesLab - Reimagining governance for an age of planetary challenges and human responsibility App4Gov - App4Gov is a free and open-source tool that lets elected officials to systematically delegate decision-making through online participatory democracy tools Governance Futures Lab
- United Nations